Hello ! Since this is my first blog post (eek!) I decided to talk about something very relatable. How to have a good morning ! Personally, whenever my morning goes well , the rest of my day seems to be better ! So here are the top five things that start my morning off on a good note.
1. Give yourself time. I know sleep may sound very appealing and that you try to get as much of it as possible! But this usually results in lots of running around and stress in the morning, which only carries on throughout the course of the day. So try to set your alarm 10 minutes earlier than you would have, to avoid a rough start.
2. Eat! Many people tend to skip breakfast because they are in a hurry and simply do not have the time to sit down and eat. But it is a proven fact that eating breakfast is very beneficial! It gets your metabolism going and doesn't leave your tummy rumbling by first class. Take the time to sit down and have a healthy breakfast, such as greek yogourt and fruit or whole grain cereal, and you will notice a difference in your mood!
3. Caffeine. The recommended sleep time is around 8 to 9 hours. But let's be honest, who really gets that much sleep ! Whether you were up last night looking on Instagram or tumblr (guilty) or just could not stop tossing and turning, a quick cup of coffee or tea can help give you that energy boost that you need in the morning.
4. Music. I love listening to music all the time. But in the morning I find that really energetic sounds are a tad... frustrating?! I have to admit, I am not always a morning person and having to listen to someone who just has all this energy is tiring. So instead , I opt for something soothing. Currently my 'wake-up playlist' consists of songs such as 'Heart On Fire' by Jonathan Clay and 'Video Games' by Lana Del Rey.
5. Outfit. Now your outfit shouldn't be the most important factor of your day, but I tend to feel more confident when I am wearing a great outfit, whereas wearing a baggy hoodie and sweatpants make me feel more introversive. So put on the clothes that make you feel great, a swipe a lipstick and you are ready to go !
So these are just some simple things that help me in having a better morning, which result in a better day. These five tips really seem to help me, but everyone is different and may have a different technique! So, in the comments below I want YOU guys to write what is involved in your good morning.